You are here
There are numerous resources through our department and campus-wide to nurture a diverse community.
On-campus organizations and offices
- American Chemical Society (ACS) U of MN Student Chapter
- Alpha Chi Sigma (AXE), Beta Chapter
- Association of Multicultural Scientists (AMS)
- Bias Response and Referral Network
- Community of Chemistry Graduate Students (CCGS)
- Council for the Advancement of Underrepresented Scientists and Engineers
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Ally Programs Office
- MN Queer Science
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE)
- National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- North Star STEM Alliance
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- TRIO McNair Program and Scholarships
- Twin Cities MultiCultural Resources and Services
- Women in Science and Engineering (WISE)
- University of Minnesota Office for Equity and Diversity (OED)
- University English Language Learner resources for faculty and staff who teach or work with multilingual students.
- Addiction-Treatment.com (GLBT focused)
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals (NOGLSTP)
- Society for Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
Career development opportunities
- Diversity of Views and Experiences (DOVE) Fellowships
- Dow BEST - Building Engineering & Science Talent
- Community of Scholars Program (UMN Office of Diversity)
- Nature, 2014, 513, 297: "Pride in Science"
- Chemistry World, March 2014: "No Sexuality Please, We're Scientists"
- Supporting LGBT+ Physicists & Astronomers: Best Practices for Academic Departments
- Gender Inequity: Boycott of International Congress of Quantum Chemistry, February 2014
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, ASBMB Today, March 2013: "Are scientists with disabilities the forgotten underrepresented minority?"