You are here
We offer a world-class education in our classrooms and laboratories.
Information & contacts
- For information and answers to questions about our undergraduate program, including contact information and links, visit our undergraduate web pages.
- For information and answers to questions about our graduate program, including contact information and links, visit our graduate web pages.
- Check out our videos on our YouTube Channel, providing an overview of our department, some of our research foci, opportunities for students, and our community.
We have a long history of being a national and international leader with our academic offerings, laboratory teaching, and research opportunities.
- Our education programs consistently rank among the top 25 percent in the nation.
- Our teaching and laboratories reflect the latest teaching methods.
- Online courses, guided-inquiry and problem-based laboratories, green chemistry, and small-group learning are part of our modern teaching repertoire.
- Our faculty have received top University honors for their teaching, mentoring, and advising.
- 15 current professors are members of the University's Academy of Distinguished Teachers
- Our students engage in cutting-edge and breakthrough research in our own laboratories and with multi-disciplinary, collaborative research centers.
- Chemistry is critical for solving some of society's most important human health, energy, and environment problems.
- Academic institutions, companies, and industries throughout the world collaborate with us on research.
- Our students participate in myriad outreach activities in the department and community.
- Our graduates are hired by a range of companies and academic institutions.
- Our alumni have enormous societal impact as academicians, K-12 teachers, scientists and managers in industrial and government laboratories, and in a diverse array of other fields.