You are here
Interested in a chemistry degree?
- Our academic programs will prepare you for challenging careers at the forefront of many scientific fields—medicine, energy, forensics, food science, materials science, pharmaceuticals, and polymer science.
- We are playing key roles in breakthrough research that provides the foundation for protecting our natural resources, developing renewable products and new sources of energy, and discovering medical cures.
We offer you . . .
- you will receive broad training in major chemistry fields
- apply modern techniques to solving chemistry problems
- acquire a thorough understanding of tools and theories
- learn from world-renowned faculty
- have access to state-of-the-art equipment needed for top-notch chemistry research
- Online courses, hybrid or flipped classrooms that combine online learning with in-class focused, interactive learning activities, and problem-based and guided-inquiry laboratories are part of our re-imagined and innovative teaching repertoire.
- We are a pioneer with our uniquely designed analytical curriculum and laboratory and our advanced chemical biology laboratory.
Preparation for the future
- After graduating from our internationally-recognized chemistry programs, you will be prepared for careers in a variety of medical fields, industry, education, government, continued chemistry research, and more.
- Thirty percent of our graduates go on to further education.
Engagement in cutting-edge research
- You will have opportunities to work with faculty and student researchers who are on the leading edge of chemistry research, including theoretical, organic, inorganic, physical, biological, analytical, polymer, and environmental chemistry.
- Nearly 60 percent of our undergraduates participate in research.
- Our research opportunities are collaborative and multi-disciplinary.
- It is common for undergraduates to be authors on research papers published in leading scientific journals.
- We have nine multi-disciplinary research centers funded by the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and Department of Energy that offer unique research opportunities.
- We conduct medical, pharmaceutical, and materials research in collaboration with the University’s world-class medical school and top-ranked science and engineering programs.