You are here
Graduation & beyond
Watch the virtual commencement ceremony online Saturday, May 16
Celebrate the 2020 grads! The 2020 University of Minnesota Virtual Commencement Ceremony will be webcast live online on Saturday, May 16, beginning at 11 a.m. CDT.
2020 University of Minnesota Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, May 16, 2020
11 a.m. CDT
Watch the virtual commencement online
The virtual ceremony will be accessible online until June 30, 2020.
The online celebration will feature short videos and an interactive listing of degree candidates with photos. The individual information can easily be shared on social media. Use hashtags #HailtoThee2020 and #CSEGrad2020. The theme for the celebration is “Hail to Thee,” the University’s alma mater and a reference to Minnesota’s state song chosen to reflect the University’s admiration for graduates' incredible resilience in these stressful times.
After the ceremony, visit the CSE website for additional videos, well wishes from alumni and faculty, and more:
Department of Chemistry
For the Department of Chemistry's annual celebration of 2019-20 graduates and scholarship/award winners, Professor Lee Penn, director of Undergraduate Studies, and Stephanie Stathopoulos, assistant to the director of Undergraduate Studies, prepared a virtual celebration, which is available at https://sites.google.com/umn.edu/umnchemistrycelebrationspring2/home. This website includes videos, highlights that graduating seniors shared, and a slideshow of graduating seniors. 2020 scholarship and award recipients, plus a listing of 2019-20 graduates is available at https://chem.umn.edu/news/undergraduate-celebration-honors-graduates-awa....
Things to know about graduation & commencement
What's needed to get my degree?
- Check out the information available at the University's One Stop student services.
- You must submit an application for graduation online.
- The Academic Progress Audit System (APAS) form is used to clear you for graduation.
- Be sure to check this form well in advance of your graduation and clear all discrepancies prior to your final term.
How do I participate in commencement?
- Visit One Stop Student Services for information.
- Apply with your college's office to take part in commencement.
- You are not required to take part in your college's commencement ceremony.
- Take our senior survey.
When is the Department of Chemistry's reception for graduates?
See information at the top of this page, including the graduation website and listing of scholarship/award winners and graduates.
When is commencement?
See information about the virtual graduation ceremony at the top of this page.
Are resources available to help me with careers?
The colleges' Career Services Offices
- conduct workshops
- have videotapes giving you tips on job hunting and resume writing
- have libraries containing information on a number of companies
- provide individual counseling
- maintain lists of full-time, part-time, and summer jobs
- keep your resume on file for company representatives