You are here
Graduation & beyond
NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19 COMMENCEMENT AND RECEPTION HAVE BEEN POSTPONED OR POSSIBLY CANCELED.
Things to know about graduation & commencement
What's needed to get my degree?
- Check out the information available at the University's One Stop student services.
- You must submit an application for graduation online.
- The Academic Progress Audit System (APAS) form is used to clear you for graduation.
- Be sure to check this form well in advance of your graduation and clear all discrepancies prior to your final term.
How do I participate in commencement?
- Visit One Stop Student Services for information.
- Apply with your college's office to take part in commencement.
- You are not required to take part in your college's commencement ceremony.
- Take our senior survey.
When is the Department of Chemistry's reception for graduates?
You're invited to our reception for all chemistry major graduates (prior to the CSE commencement)
Friday, May 8, 2020
100 Smith Hall
4:45-5 p.m. buffet reception
5-5:30 p.m. recognition reception for scholarship recipients and graduates
5:45 p.m. group photo on the front steps of Smith Hall (please wear your commencement gown and hat)
When is commencement?
College of Science & Engineering
Arts, Sciences and Engineering Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 8, 2020
University of Minnesota
1901 Fourth St. S.E., Minneapolis
Questions: Susan Kubitschek, (612) 624-8010, email@example.com
Are resources available to help me with careers?
The colleges' Career Services Offices
- conduct workshops
- have videotapes giving you tips on job hunting and resume writing
- have libraries containing information on a number of companies
- provide individual counseling
- maintain lists of full-time, part-time, and summer jobs
- keep your resume on file for company representatives
Each year, some of the graduates gather on the front steps of Smith Hall for a photo before participating in commencement ceremonies. Pictured are some of the graduates before commencement, Friday, May 10, 2019. A listing of this year's graduates and scholarship/award recipients is available by clicking on the photo above or this link to the Department of Chemistry story, Undergraduate Recognition Reception 2019 honors top students and graduates.