You are here
Summer Chemistry Fellowships
The Summer Chemistry Research Program encourages current chemistry majors to learn more about research, and provides them with the opportunity to work in a laboratory under the direction of a faculty member. Funds for these fellowships are provided by the Heisig Endowment, Graham N. Gleysteen Scholarship Fund in Chemistry, the Andrews Endowment, and the Walker Endowment.
June 5 to August 11, 2017
Application Deadline: March 15, 2017
- You must have at least one year left in school.
- Your application must include two letters of support and recommendation, including one from your research adviser.
- You will receive a stipend of $4,500 for a 10-week period.
- Appointments begin, June 5, 2017, and run for 10-weeks, ending August 11, 2017.
- This is considered a full-time position.
- Chemistry Summer Research Fellows participate in a formal research symposium on their work at the end of the summer.
- Funds are available for travel to a national meeting to present the results of your summer research.