February 22, 2019
You are here
Upcoming Department Seminars
Professor Bradley P. Carrow
|Department of Chemistry
Monday, Feb. 25
331 Smith Hall
David Hays, Ph.D.
|3M Materials Research Division||
+ Open Forum:
Dow Lecture Series
Professor Joseph M. Fox
|Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
University of Delaware
+ Open Forum
|"Fast, Multipurpose and Temporally Controlled Methods of Bioorthogonal Chemistry"|
Julianne “Julie” Heller Prager, Ph.D., died on Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019, at the age of 94. Dr. Prager and her late-husband Stephen “Steve” were long-time supporters of the Department of Chemistry. Steve was a professor of physical chemistry in the Department of Chemistry for more than 40 years (1952-1990). He died in January 2016.
- 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 6, 331 Smith Hall, "New Synthetic Methods for C–F Bond Formation: From Fundamental Science to Applications"
- Reception immediately following from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in Conference Room ABC (4th floor Coffman Memorial Union)
- 9:45 a.m. Thursday, March 7, 331 Smith Hall, "Synthesis, Reactivity, and Catalytic Relevance of High Valent Transition Metal Organometallic Complexes"
- 4 p.m. Friday, March 8, 331 Smith Hall, "Using Physical Organic Chemistry Principles to Develop Molecules for Electrical Energy Storage"
Register for Chemistry Alumni & Friends Breakfast
If you are planning to attend the Spring 2019 American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting in Orlando, FL, please join us for the University of Minnesota Chemistry Alumni & Friends Breakfast, 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 2, W340AB West Concourse. ACS event number for ticket sales: SE14. Ticket price is $5. Visit the ACS website at z.umn.edu/acsorlando2019.
Safety Note: Bottle thread size
Aldrich solvent bottle thread size has changed and is no longer compatible with the flip top funnels for waste. The chemistry stockroom has flint glass bottles for waste that are free for department use. Fisher bottles still fit and many can be found in the recycling room.
- Argonne National Laboratory: post-doctoral position in organometallic chemistry & electrochemistry
- Ithaca College: assistant professor of chemistry