You are here
September 28, 2018
Post-doctoral Researchers Information
The Graduate Student Workshop Committee and Community of Chemistry Graduate Students are hosting a lunch hour from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, Kate & Michael Bárány Conference Room (117/119 Smith Hall). Faculty and post-doctoral researchers will answer questions about aspects of a post-doc experience after graduate school. Please bring your lunch. Coffee/tea and light snacks will be provided. Everyone in the department is welcome to attend.
Department of Chemistry Seminars
|Student Seminar Series Matthew S. Sigman||Department of Chemistry, University of Utah||4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 28, 331 Smith Hall||
Developing modern physical organic analysis tools for synthesis, catalysis, and energy
|Department Seminar Professor Renee Frontiera||
Department of Chemistry, University of Minnesota
|9:45 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 4, 331 Smith Hall||
How local environments impact chemical reaction dynamics: Raman spectroscopy on the nanoscale
Automated External Defibrillators (AED): AEDs are available in most University buildings, but many people are unaware of where they are or how to use them. In Smith Hall, the AED is in the main lobby near the stairwell door. In Kolthoff Hall, they are located on the 4th floor by the west elevator and on the 2nd floor southeast entrance from the Northrup Mall. More locations on campus can be found at https://dem.umn.edu/aeds. Wondering how to use it? An online demo is available at http://aedchallenge.com/.
- Bowdoin College: tenure-track assistant professor (chemistry). Review of applications begins, Friday, Oct. 19.
- Pennsylvania State University: post-doctoral scholar.
- Florida State University: tenure-track assistant professor (analytical chemistry). Deadline: Monday, Oct. 15.
- George Washington University: tenure-track assistant or associate professors (analytical chemistry and organic materials chemistry). Review of applications begins, Monday, Oct. 22.
- Oklahoma State University Department of Chemistry: two tenure-track assistant professors in experimental chemistry. Review of applications begins, Monday, Oct. 15.
- Loras College: tenure-track assistant professor of biochemistry. Review of applications begins, Monday, Oct. 1.
- Drug Enforcement Administration: chemist positions. Deadline: Wednesday, Oct. 24.
- University of Maryland: pre-professoriate faculty research fellowship position in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. Review of applications begins, Monday, Oct. 15.
- University of Wooster: tenure-track assistant professor of chchemistry (inorganic). Review of applications begins, Monday, Oct. 15.
Information on these and other employment/research opportunities is available in the white jobs book located in 139 Smith Hall.