Chemists in the Classroom
You are here
Showing that anyone can do chemistry
What is Chemists in the Classroom?
Our free Chemists in the Classroom program shows that chemistry is fun, and includes messages that anyone can do chemistry and that there are numerous career opportunities in chemistry-related fields.
We do chemistry demonstrations and discuss chemistry careers in local K-12 grade schools and at community venues.
Demonstrations include a number of interesting experiments that illustrate important chemistry principles.
- Some of the experiments are hands-on.
- Our discussions and information materials are specifically geared to the age and grade level of the participants.
- We provide materials and advice to teachers.
What do I need to know?
- No special facilities are required.
- We provide all supplies.
- There is no cost for the program.
- Our standard program consists of a one-hour presentation followed by a question-and-answer period
- timing can be adjusted.
- We strive to visit about 50 schools a year
- our program is dependent upon volunteers
- we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
What information do you need from me?
- your name
- name of the organization or school that you represent
- full address where the program will be taking place
- how long you would like the presentation to last
- audience demographics—number of people, ages, science knowledge background
- contact information—phone number and email address