Jessica R. Lamb
- Polymer Chemistry, Catalysis
- Organic Chemistry, Organometallic
Principal Research Interests
Jessica Lamb works at the interface of organic, organometallic, catalysis, and polymer chemistry. Students in her group will learn to apply catalysis and physical organic chemistry to problems in polymer chemistry. This could involve developing new methods and exploring their mechanisms, characterization of new materials, or eventually exploring applications. She also has been inspired by photocatalysis and switchable catalysis and how those have been/could be applied to polymer synthesis. Lamb has co-authored 13 papers and 1 provisional patent.
She has an extensive background of teaching and mentoring experiences and outreach, and outreach through Expanding Horizons and the 4-H Career Explorations as part of the NSF Center for Sustainable Polymer.
Honors and Awards
- National Institutes of Health Ruth L. Kirschstein Postdoctoral Fellow
- Philanthropic Educational Organization Scholars Award
- Bayer Teaching Excellence Award
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow
- Jessica R. Lamb, University of Minnesota, Department of Chemistry
- B-20, 139 Smith Hall, 207 Pleasant St SE
- Minneapolis, MN 55455-0431