You are here
In the Department of Chemistry, an interdisciplinary approach to research is the rule, not the exception. Modern chemical problems require solutions that draw from multiple areas of chemistry, and our faculty and students are working every day at the interfaces of many fields to solve some of the most important problems facing our planet.
Our researchers are:
- creating new energy-efficient and environmentally friendly batteries;
- figuring out the impact of nanoparticles on the environment;
- exploring how to capturing excess carbon dioxide in the atmosphere;
- preparing sustainable polymers for myriad real-world applications;
- synthesizing new molecules that can harness solar energy to do work; and
- developing theory and computation methods that guide the hands of tomorrow’s chemists.