You are here
Within the University of Minnesota, we train the majority of our users through a four-credit hour graduate level class, CHEM5755.
- In the past 15 years of its offering, about 10 students have been trained to do all tasks required for state-of-the-art research as it applies to single crystal diffraction and their own research.
- At any time, there are approximately 25 trained graduate students utilizing the instrumentation in the XCL to conduct crystallographic research.
- We also have several local non-University users who conduct research at neighboring colleges and universities who have been trained to use our instrumentation.
- The ratio of internal/external users is roughly 2:1 based on at least one project completed per year.
X-Ray Crystallographic Laboratory
Department of Chemistry
University of Minnesota
207 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- X-Ray Crystallographic Laboratory
- 192C Kolthoff Hall, 225 Pleasant St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Victor G. Young Jr., Ph.D., Director
- (612) 625-8697