You are here
Bruker-AXS Venture Photon-II
- A Bruker-AXS Venture system was purchased with
- a Kappa-axis goiniostat,
- a compact IμS Cu-microfocus source,
- a Photon-II (CMOS) detector, and
- an Oxford Cryosystems Cryostream 700-Plus cryostat.
- This instrument provides a bright Cu-source with a sensitive detector to provide for studies of very small specimens of all kinds.
- This acquisition came through a National Science Foundation Major Research Instrumentation grant (#1229400) in 2012.
Bruker-AXS Smart Apex-II
Bruker-AXS Smart system (1999) upgraded with an APEX-II detector in 2011 through a University of Minnesota Grant-In-Aid award.
- The APEX-II is a sensitive CCD detector fitted on the original SMART system with a standard Mo-tube source.
- The cryostat is an Oxford Cryosystems Cryostream 600 cryostat.
Leica M165C Microscope
- Leica M165C stereo, cross-polarizing microscope interfaced to a computer.
- Provides users with the opportunity to take still photographs or videos of crystals to 120X.
- Useful to monitor changes in crystalline materials if these decay in air or lose solvent.
- The reticule tool on the computer provides the user with the ability to carefully measure specimens.
X-Ray Crystallographic Laboratory
Department of Chemistry
University of Minnesota
207 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- X-Ray Crystallographic Laboratory
- 192C Kolthoff Hall, 225 Pleasant St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Victor G. Young Jr., Ph.D., Director
- (612) 625-8697