You are here
Initial safety training
- We are required to provide employees with initial safety training.
- You may complete this initial training via web-based tutorials.
Web-based initial training
- You may satisfy your initial safety training by viewing web-based tutorials and successfully completing a short quiz for each.
- These tutorials cover introduction to research safety; chemical safety; chemical waste management; and globally harmonized system of classification and labeling of chemicals.
- Click on one of the tutorials and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will need to enter your Internet ID and password.
- Each tutorial concludes with a short quiz.
- If you successfully complete the quiz, you will receive an email stating that "a record of your training has been entered into your University."
If you have any questions contact Chuck Tomlinson or Anna Sitek.
Department of Chemistry
139 Smith Hall
Department of Environmental Health and Safety
Refresher safety training
- Annual refresher safety training is required for faculty, staff, and students who work with and/or handle chemicals.
- This training is usually held in the late spring or summer and will be announced.
- You do not have to participate in refresher training, if you are a computational/theoretical faculty member, post-doctorate, or graduate/undergraduate student, or a secretarial, clerical, or administrative employee.
Lab-Specific Hazard Training Record
The University requires documentation that all laboratory personnel have received Lab-Specific Hazard Communication training. This training is provided by principal investigators (PI) or their designee. Fill out the Lab-Specific Hazard Training Record.