Computer & electronic services
You are here
Computers and Networking
- Setup and repair of University-owned equipment such as laptops, desktop computers, printers, projectors and other peripherals used for teaching, research and departmental business. Offering Hardware and Software service and support. (Software list provided by the Department of Chemistry Microlab)
- Setup and troubleshooting of wired network connections in the Chemistry Department for faculty, staff and students located in Smith and Kolthoff Halls.
- Maintain Departmental webpage.
- Offer advice on and procurement of computers, printers and variety of electronic peripherals.
- Sale of a variety of electronic parts and components
- Provide service on electronic instruments used in both research and teaching.
- We offer a limited amount of design and construction of one-of-a-kind electronic devices for use in research and teaching.
Acceptable Use Policy
- All faculty, staff, students, and visitors are asked to read and abide by the Acceptable Use of Information Technology when using their computer systems on campus.
- Instructions to connect to files.umn.edu, the University's sanctioned network file storage area. (Macintosh) (Windows)
- Students, faculty, and staff can use a variety of tools to publish, search, and measure traffic on websites ranging from simple personal blogs to organizational sites with large amounts of content managed by many people. Link to site.
- University of Minnesota's Brand Site (a site devoted to the University's branding campaign)
University of Minnesota
Department of Chemistry
Computer and Electronic Services
Mailbox: C-17 Smith Hall
207 Pleasant St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455