You are here
Chemistry finance staff members offer limited support for proposal preparation and submission. We provide assistance with budget development, assistance with entry of budget information into the proposal package, assistance with completion of proposal package cover sheet, and PRF preparation.
How to submit a grant in chemistry
- Let the Finance and Payroll Services office know
Provide the competition and agency name, proposal title, dates, and the PI name(s) to your Finance Professional.
- Create a budget
Use the template available below OR have your Finance Professional create a budget for you. In order for her do to this, you will need to provide information about the types of expenses to be included, as well as any target budget amounts. Make sure you let your Finance Professional know if there are matching requirements!
- Proposal Routing Form (PRF)
It is the expectation of the Chemistry Department Chair that Finance staff prepare the Proposal Routing Form (PRF). In order to do so, they will need the information on this document. (You do not need to use this form to provide the information).
Chemistry Finance staff will need to see a copy of the proposal budget and justification before approving the PRF for collaborative projects.
If you are a collaboration or Co-I on a proposal prepared by another unit, the routing chain for chemistry is: chemgrnt Chemistry Finance Office Department Administrator/Delegate okchem William Tolman Department Head csegms Mostafa Kaveh Research Associate Dean
- PRF Approved
This means you have the approval of the budget and from the Department Chair.
- Finalize Proposal
The Finance Professional can provide assistance with entry of budget information into the proposal package and assistance with completion of proposal package cover sheet. Have your colleagues review the science.
- Effective January 4, 2016, proposals must be submitted for SPA's review by 9 a.m. three business days prior to the time the proposal must be submitted to the sponsor (e.g. an electronic proposal that must be received by the sponsor on Friday will be due at SPA by 9 a.m. Wednesday.)
- To submit your proposal, you MUST notify SPA by sending an email to email@example.com as follows:
- In the Subject Field insert the PRF #, last name of PI, and the agency name. (Example: 740001 Gopher NIH)
- If submitting through grants.gov or other agencies, attach the full proposal to the e-mail. Be sure to include all parts of the proposal.
- If submitting through Fastlane, you will need to enable SPA (called "SRO" by FastLane) to view, edit, and submit your proposal. This is performed through the Fastlane Proposal --Preparation functions. Only the PI can grant SRO access.
- Always send a copy of the actual budget with the email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy of email@example.com.
- SPA submits to the sponsor
- Nicholas Allyn is our current SPA Grants Administrator (5-7054).
- SPA will then conduct a standard administrative review, and will notify the PI and the department if changes are needed. If changes are needed, PI must resubmit the corrected application to Grants Office and to SPA via another email to firstname.lastname@example.org